Thursday, September 24, 2009

Michael Symons Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts and My Adobo Chicken

I must start out with a confession: I am totally addicted to any type of food related television program as well as my food magazine subscriptions and my cookbooks. My DH will tell you I am obsessed. Which is where the appetizer for tonights dinner came from; Food Network TV. I have been tevo-ing (is that even a real word?) the latest show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". If you haven't seen it, it is about the FN Chefs favorite things, pizza, fried foods, breakfasts, etc. After watching the "fried food favorites in which Aaron Sanchez talks about Michael Symons Deep Fried Brussels Sprouts from Symons restaurant Lolita in Cleveland, I knew I just had to try them as I have always loved brussel sprouts roasted in EVOO with a little salt and pepper to finish. My DH is not a brussel sprout fan at all. Well I must say if you like brussel sprouts even just a wee little bit, then you will absolutely LOVE these.

Then there was the entree. We had 2 chicken leg quarters defrosting in the fridge from the night before. We decided to marinate and roast it in the oven as opposed to firing up the grill (we have been having a lot of rain here lately).
So for the marinade:
1/4 c EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
2 Tblsps white wine vinegar
2 Tblsps Adobo seasoning
1/4 c spanish onion, finely minced
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
4 sage leaves, chopped
1-4 inch sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
Let marinate for 2 hours.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes, turning oven up to 450 degrees for the last 10 minutes to crisp up skin.
Serve with rice cooked in chicken stock with chopped fresh mushrooms and 1/4 tsp of onion powder. Add New Orleans Spicy Red Beans and wha-la a perfectly wonderful palate pleasing dinner. I must say we were both quite satisfied.
However, tomorrow I think I will have to have a light breakfast and lunch.
Michael and Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our friends.