Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread, So NOT Boring

I just had to post this as it is the best Banana Bread I have ever had. It was gifted to me by my mom. I love banana bread, however I hadn't made any in a very long time finding that plain old banana bread gets to be boring. Just add in some crushed pineapple and chopped macadamia nuts and problem solved. We can't seem to get enough of this. It is good morning, noon, and night; buttered, buttered with cream cheese, toasted or not. This is one quick bread I know I will be making for a long time to come.
Thanks Mom


Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread
Courtesy of Mr. Food

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 4 teaspoons liquid reserved
½ cup confectioners' sugar


Directions
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.    
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamia nuts. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, bananas, vanilla, and crushed pineapple; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake 1¼ to 1½ hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
Makes 2 loaves





Carla
&
Michael

10 comments:

  1. OK, I got to bookmark that as I am a big fan of banana bread and adding another favorite fruit of mine (pineapple) sounds very appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredibly good...I'm having another Southern Sundays linky party going on right now. I'd love for you to come and visit...link up if you would like.
    www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love banana bread too and use several different recipes, but I've never had one with pineapple. It looks so delicious and I bet it is very moist. I must try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anyways, will sure try to bake banana bread this weekend. the kids have been asking for one. have tried making one, it ended too crumbly. instead, i treated them with cinnamon loaf, it was quite okay :)

      have a great weekend ahead.

      Delete
  4. I'm Anonymous..Carla's mom. I put the nuts in her's and left out the nuts in ours as her dad can't eat nuts, so I substituted with raisins. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe, I would love to bake this for my kids they will surely love it.

    Been here from Food Trip Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love banana bread and your variation looks awesome! I highlighted your site and recipe on my Tempt My Tummy Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up and sharing your great recipe. http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/2012/05/tempt-my-tummy-spotlight-3/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla,
    I just love the combination for your wonderful bread. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, the addition of the pineapple must be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family went to Hawaii last year and I loved the fresh pineapple there!! So yes, I took ALOT home. We found Da Pineapple Guy (www.dapineappleguy.com) and ordered from there and they delivered. Since we have been home, I've ordered online and they ship us fresh hawaiian pineapple in 2 days. I tried your recipe with the fresh pineapple from Hawaii and it is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our friends.