Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Carla's Roasted Chicken Sandwich

This has become one of my favorite lunches ever. I saw this Grilled Chicken and Avocado Napoleons on a Giada at Home re-run and I knew I had to make it. I thought even though I didn't have any puff pastry thawed out, I could do this sandwich one better. Besides I thought that three sheets of the puff pastry was a bit too much "bread" for my liking. I'd had a large roasted chicken breast left over one night and sliced into thin slivers to make sandwiches with. I've made this three times over the last 10 days. Once on a large toasted croissant (the best), once on a toasted onion roll and this one on a small burger bun (hey, it was already thawed and at the ready).


Roasted Chicken, Avocado, and Spinach Sandwich
Courtesy Recipe Addict

Ingredients
Thinly sliced roasted chicken
Smoked Provolone cheese slices
Fresh baby spinach leaves
Red onion, sliced thin
Avocado slices
1 Tablespoon Sambal Oelek (ground fresh chili paste-found in the international isle)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Toasted croissant or bun of your choice

Directions
Make the chili mayo and refrigerate. The amounts are up to you. I make mine fairly spicy. Upon your toasted croissant or bun, layer the roasted chicken on the bottom half, smoked provolone, baby spinach leaves, sliced red onion, and sliced avocado. Top with a healthy slather of the chili mayonnaise and the top half of your bread. Sit back and enjoy one of the best sandwiches you have ever had.
This would also be excellent with turkey. Maybe some bacon too!


Linking this up to:

 


Carla and Michael

8 comments:

  1. be hungry! you won't put it down til it's gone. Carla made it for us yesterday and it was DELICIOUS!Thanks, daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delicious sandwich!Chicken and avocado is a wonderful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking sandwich, wish it was in front of me right now. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you will have a fabulous week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. A recipe with avo. Love avo and find every excuse to use it with a meal. This sandwich looks really good. Thanks for posting this recipe. Hope you have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla, thanks for sharing this great sandwich recipe, although I would never have thought of adding avocardo, must try it sometime. I recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over to mine and perhaps you would like to follow me also. I would like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think, this could be a lot of people's favorite. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our friends.