Friday, September 9, 2011

Spinoccoli Pizza alla Michael

WOW! Where has the summer gone? I guess I missed most of it. Between my shoulder issues and then Michael breaking a bone in his foot, I haven't been on here in forever. I've been playing nurse-maid.
In any case I'm back and starting back with one of our (MY) quickie favorites.
Yes, the famous Spinoccoli Pizza.

Well this is a pizza that Michael turned me on to and I can never have it often enough. Michael frequented Pizzaria Unos way back in the day and has replicated this pizza ever since. Then when he and I met he made it for me and it has become one of my frequent requests. (You've just got to love a man that will take over the kitchen and cook for you.)

Spinach, broccoli, and garlic on a white sauce covered in cheese.
More cheese please.

I could have a slice of this at least once a week for lunch and never tire of it.



Spinoccoli Pizza
Courtesy Recipe Addict

Ingredients
Pizza Crust (your choice)
Alfredo Sauce (recipe I like)
pinch of red pepper flakes
thinly shaved garlic
fresh baby spinach
fresh broccoli florets
grated mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese
(you will decide how much of each of the ingredients you want to use depending on your preference)

Directions
Assemble by layering first the sauce, then your spinach, broccoli florets, and the garlic. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over veggies. Load with cheeses and bake in a 450 degree oven until crust is crispy and chesses are bubbling.
(If you are really short on time you could buy a jarred Alfredo sauce.)


Linking up to:




Carla and Michael

9 comments:

  1. beautiful green in this pizza looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos and a terrific way to turn pizza into a healthy meal. Thanks so much for sharing over at Momtrends' Friday Food. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is my kind of pizza! Thank you for linking to Fat Camp Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Summer seems passed us by without even noticing.Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good. I love pizza with veggies. Most pizza have meat. Visiting from Food Trip Friday.

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok daughter! Why hasn't THIS been on the menu on one of our Saturday card games days???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pizza sounds fabulous...and actually, broccoli is one of my favorite pizza toppings. I usually use red sauce with broccoli, garlic, onions, and an Italian sausage riddled with fennel seeds (oh swoon...now I'm hungry), but next time I think I'll try it with alfredo. Love the sound of this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It WAS! Cards today, this pizza for lunch (and 1 for my freezer)and P-nut choc.chip cookies (5 dz). WHAT A DAY! THANKS DAUGHTER.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our friends.